Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week Forty Five: Whisky


Whisky by Aeneas MacDonald is the classic book on whisky and it's appreciation. Once again a gift book I never got around to finishing, but mostly because I moved house not long after being given it. Another book from the ubiquitous Mr Newby.

And a great choice it is/was. Whisky is informative, witty and reassuring. The instructions for how to imbibe are almost word for word how I was taught and with clear instructions why and how to follow those steps.

The references to the evils of blending, the secrecy and proprietary nature of distillers and the list of distillers - show that little has changed in the over 80 years since it's publicati0n.

A great wee read, makes me want to have a dram.

Where's my Ben Nevis?


No comments:

Post a Comment