Friday, January 8, 2021

Week seventeen Book twenty-four :Wham! George and Me

 

An unabashed teen of the 80's reads a book about some of the most famous teens (initially) of the 80's. Hardly a big surprise that I enjoyed it. I did thoroughly enjoy this memoir though, filled as it is with the coincidence, determination and luck that accompanies most of these stories (at least the true ones). 

Definitely a reminder of that time, and the course of the fame that I watched grow from Young Guns onward. It's a definite sore spot that I never saw them, or George live, and after his death why I spent a fair amount of time and money seeing acts I wanted to see, before another year like 2016 happens. 

I'll also confess to a deep sadness when Andy talks about George's death, or moves deliberately to eulogistic terms to describe him. 

If you're a fan you'll love it, if you're not then you probably won't read it, but you could do worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment