Friday, July 13, 2018

Week Twenty Eight: Dietland





Really not sure about this book (just yet). I mean it is VERY GOOD. It is also not quite sitting right with me, but probably for the wrong reasons (as a writer not a reader). It is VERY engaging and I could not put it down, whether I agree with it's purpose/point or not.

Very feminist and empowered, it's hard to take in some places but should still be taken for the reasons that this is good and important.

I felt like the explaining who Jennifer Is/Was diluted it's power and derailed it's meaning. Yet now I feel like I'm betraying the author by mansplaining the bits I didn't like. Which is a fair reaction considering that this book is just the latest in series of feminist works that have impacted me directly this last year or so.

Read it, make up your own mind.

Still not sure about my own mind on it, maybe it needs to sit with me like The Handmaids Tale did (I had a similar writers reaction after reading the book last year and then ended up settling on 'loved it').


No comments:

Post a Comment