Saturday, February 10, 2018

Week Six: The Three Body Problem


The first book I think I have read cover to cover on my phone as an E Book.

I have a IP7 Plus but even so it was a bit of an ask... anyway.

The book was intriguing at first and the more I go into the mystery of it the more intriguing it got. The book started to fall apart when it became less mysterious and the explanations were forthcoming, then it started to be annoying.

Motivation carries a lot of weight, and in the case of this you have to suspend disbelief a TON to make the story work. Not because it's Sci Fi, and not because the premise is hard to fathom, but because human beings don't just act like this, well not to this scale anyway.

And aliens, don't act like humans do they? I mean as a trope they do, but this seems like the perfect opportunity to explore possibilities that don't require everyone to be dicks.

Sigh.

But. Part one of a three-parter and I kinda want to know if they fix that in the end?

Warning: A lot of Math and Physics and Philosophy that does kind of make sense, but doesn't really. Nothing new there, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment