Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week Thirty Five: Earth by John Stewart and the Daily Show


Earth: The Book.

Or more rightly, the audiobook. As I had quite a few things on this week I settled on catching up on an audiobook, in this case Earth: A Visitors Guide to the Human Race. A few hours listening is a nice way to read a book, specifically good if you have loads of other things to do. In this case at least a third of the book was while I was assembling an "easy to assemble" entertainment unit. So every now and then I would have to skip back for the bit I missed while swearing loudly at inanimate objects.

Typical humour of Stewart and the Daily show - if you like them then you'll like this - lots of witty observations about humanity delivered in varying amounts of self-deprecating, caustic and occasionally deadpan style. Features other performers from the show such as Wyatt Cenac, Samantha Bee, Jason Jones and a guest narrator Sigourney Weaver.

Recommended as a book (which I flipped through) or as an audiobook - as all the subtlety (or not) of delivery are there as intended by the writers.

Next week - your guess is as good as mine (though now that a large amount of unpacking has occurred the number of unread books at my beck and call has increased once again)

No comments:

Post a Comment